Merry & Bright Holiday Lights
The City of Temple is hosting the Inaugural Merry & Bright Holiday Lights Tour & Contest. The Merry & Bright Holiday Lights Tour & Contest is guaranteed to get you in the holiday spirit! Take an evening drive or neighborhood stroll around the city to see the wonderfully decorated local homes and vote for your favorite.
This is a great opportunity for residents to show off their Griswold Christmas decorating skills and for families to enjoy a safe and fun activity. Participants will also be entered into a contest and the winner will receive bragging rights and a keepsake award presented by Mayor Tim Davis at the City Council meeting on December 15th. The winner will also be featured on the City of Temple’s Facebook page and website.
The contest and voting have concluded. The interactive digital map will be available online until January 1st.
Congratulations to Stop #15: 3014 Dade Loop for winning the Merry & Bright Holiday Lights Contest Brightest Bulb in the Bunch Award.
Merry & Bright Holiday Lights Tour Map
Voting has closed for the Merry & Bright Holiday Lights Tour & Contest. Congratulations to Stop #15: 3014 Dade Loop for winning the Merry & Bright Holiday Lights Contest Brightest Bulb in the Bunch Award.
The interactive digital map will remain available online through January 1.
How To Participate
Sign-ups have been closed. We hope you will join us for this event in 2023. Please view this year's interactive digital map to see what the competition will look like for next year's event.
If you have any questions, please contact staff at email@example.com.
Contest Participation Rules
- Contest participation is open to all Temple, TX residents at the age of 18 or older. The Tour is open to the public.
- Entry is FREE; no cost or fees apply.
- Contest participants must submit their applications by November 30th. Late entries will not be included on the map.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior.
- Participants must submit a photo of their holiday decorations for the City to use for the interactive map and event promotion.
- Participant allows one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the City of Temple website and social media.
- Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication. No identifying information (name, phone, e-mail) will be used with the photo on the interactive map. The address of the contest winner will be announced on social media platforms and on the website. The name of the contest winner will be announced if they choose but is not required.
- Please keep this event family-friendly and appropriate for all ages.
- The winner will be announced and presented an award by Mayor Tim Davis at the December 15th City Council Meeting located in City Hall.
Addresses and images of homes/blocks will be visible to the public, but no other identifying information will be given on the interactive Merry & Bright Holiday Lights interactive map. The City of Temple is not responsible for any damages or theft that may occur to decorations, properties, automobiles, or persons who participate in the Tour or Contest. All map and contest submissions will be vetted by the Communications & Marketing Department to make sure this initiative remains family-friendly and appropriate for all ages.