Mobile Food Unit

The City of Temple requires mobile food units aka "food trucks" to obtain a permit prior to operating in the City.
The process of applying for the permit
  • Obtain Mobile Food Unit Dealer's Permit from Bell County Health District
  • Submit a permit application online at or at the Permit office located at 2 N. Main St. 
    • For additional information on application requirements, refer to the Mobile Food Unit information page.
  • Schedule an inspection of your unit with Environmental Programs
  • Contact Environmental Programs at (254) 298-5619 if you have any questions.
Regulations regarding mobile food unitsCity of Temple Code of Ordinances: Chapter 14 (PDF) & Chapter 38 (PDF) 

Texas Department of State Health Services Regulations:

Can a place of residence be used for filling my unit with potable water or disposing my unit's gray water?

Can an RV park dump station be used to dump my wastewater?

Is the use of a regular garden hose allowed when filling the water tank?

Am I able to dump the wastewater from my mobile unit on the ground?