Alcoholic Beverage License

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) requires alcoholic beverage manufacturers, distributors, retailers, etc., to apply for licenses and permits before they operate in the State of Texas. Please visit Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) website for more information. 

In Bell County, new alcoholic beverage licenses and permit applications are available at the following location:

TABC – Belton
111 East Water Street
Belton, TX 76513
Phone: 254-933-5368
Fax: 254-933-5369

Alcoholic Beverage Sales Fees & RegulationsBeer and wine sales, as well as the sales of mixed beverages in restaurants, are allowed in the City of Temple by permit, with the appropriate zoning. For a new license, the applicant must first submit their application to the TABC for their state license. In addition to any fees paid directly to TABC, the City of Temple collects a fee in the amount of one-half of the state fee for certain alcoholic beverage licenses issued for premises in the City of Temple. The fees are listed in the applications.

ResourcesSee the following links for City of Temple applications and information: 
Questions regarding Alcoholic Beverage Licenses and Permits in the City of Temple should be directed to the City Secretary’s Office, 254-298-5700.