Residential Utility Service
The City of Temple bills monthly for water, sewer, solid waste and drainage fees.
Request New Residential Service Here
Please read important information below before submitting your request for service.
- Water service is connected during a scheduled 2-hour window. We schedule connections Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm based on the billing cycle where services are located.
- We are unable to call before arriving for connection and someone must be present for our technician to turn the water on.
- For same day service, the completed Request for Service (including any additional documents, if applicable) must be submitted by 12pm.
- We do not schedule the connection of services outside normal business hours.
- Submit your Request for Service and a Customer Service Representative will contact you to collect your deposit and verify your scheduled service start time. If you have not been contacted within two hours (during normal business hours) please contact our office at 254-298-5616. Press 0 and someone can assist you.
SUBMIT RESIDENTIAL SERVICE REQUEST
Deposits and Fees
- $75 deposit – collected before services are connected and will refund after 12 months of on-time payments or when the account closes.
- $25 new account fee will be billed on the first bill.
What to Expect
- Once your account has been established, a Customer Service Representative will call you to collect your deposit. You will then be emailed important billing information, including your account number, to the email address you provided on your Request for Service. If no email address is provided, we will mail you the account information.
- If water service is currently disconnected, someone must be present during your scheduled connection time for our technician to connect water. If our technician misses you during your scheduled connection time, additional fees may be charged for an additional trip. Additionally, we may not be able to return the same day.
Solid Waste Collections - Residential Accounts
- For existing homes, garbage and recycling containers should already be at the location.
- For new construction (new homes), a request will be sent to Solid Waste Services once your account has been established with our office.
- Please visit Solid Waste Services for more information.
Solid Waste Services: Phone: 254-298-5725 or Email: email@example.com
Changes to Service Request
- Any changes to your service request must be emailed by 8am on the scheduled service start date.
- Include your name and service address in your email.
- Please do not submit an additional request for service online.
- If the scheduled service date has already arrived, and we have attempted to connect services but missed you, we will reschedule connection upon your request. There is a $25 Extra Trip charge that will be assessed to the first bill.
- For assistance, contact our office at 254-298-5616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Utility Customer Confidentiality
On June 18, 2021, Governor Greg Abbott signed HB 872 and declared it effective immediately. What does this mean for City of Temple utility customers? Prior to HB 872, if a customer wanted their account information to remain private, the customer would have to fill out a Confidentiality Request form.
With the passage of HB 872, all customer information of municipally-owned utilities is completely private* and may not be shared without customer permission. To learn more about HB 872, visit https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=HB872
If you would like your customer information to be accessible (not private) to outside entities, please submit a Request for Disclosure.
* Confidentiality under Chapter 182 does not prohibit a government-operated utility from disclosing personal information in a customer’s account record to: (1) an official or employee of the state, a political subdivision of the state, or the United States acting in an official capacity; (2) an employee of a utility acting in connection with the employee’s duties; (3) a consumer reporting agency; (4) a contractor or subcontractor approved by and providing services to the utility, the state, a political subdivision of the state, or the United States; (5) a person for whom the customer has contractually waived confidentiality for personal information; or (6) another entity that provides water, wastewater, sewer, gas, garbage, electricity, or drainage service for compensation.