Start Residential ServiceThe City of Temple bills monthly for water, sewer, solid waste and drainage fees.
REQUEST NEW RESIDENTIAL SERVICE HERE
Services are scheduled during normal business hours which are Monday - Friday between 8am-5pm. We require one business days' notice to start services.
Some services may not be available in all areas. Not all accounts will be eligible for online requests for service and we may request you come into the Utility Business Office to complete your request.
Deposits and Fees
- $75 deposit – collected before services are connected and will refund after 12 months of on-time payments or when the account closes
- $25 new account fee will be billed on the first bill
Setting Up Service
- Water service is connected during a scheduled 2-hour window. We schedule connections Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm based on the billing cycle where services are located.
- We are unable to call before arriving for connection and someone must be present for our technician to turn the water on.
- For same day service, the completed Request for Service (including any additional documents, if applicable) must be submitted by 12pm.
- We do not schedule the connection of services outside normal business hours.
- Submit your Request for Service and a Customer Service Representative will contact you to collect your deposit and verify your scheduled service start time. If you have not been contacted within one hour (during normal business hours) please contact our office at 254-298-5616. Press 0 and someone can assist you.
What to Expect
- Once your account has been established, a Customer Service Representative will call you to collect your deposit. You will then be emailed important billing information, including your account number, to the email address you provided on your Request for Service. If no email address is provided, we will mail you the account information.
- If water service is currently disconnected, someone must be present during your scheduled connection time for our technician to connect water. If our technician misses you during your scheduled connection time, additional fees may be charged for an additional trip. Additionally, we may not be able to return the same day.