Move Residential Service
Use this form to request a transfer of your current City of Temple utility account to a different City of Temple service address.
TRANSFER RESIDENTIAL SERVICE HERE
Requests are processed during normal business hours which are Monday - Friday between 8am-5pm. We require one business days' notice to transfer services.
Some services may not be available in all areas. Not all accounts will be eligible for online requests and we may require you come into the Utility Business Office to complete your request.
Deposits and Fees
- $25 new account fee will be billed on the first bill
- $75 deposit – an additional deposit may be required if you request both services be active more than 10 days.
- Water service is connected during a scheduled 2-hour window. We schedule connections Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm based on the billing cycle where services are located.
- We are unable to call before arriving for connection and someone must be present for our technician to turn water on.
- For same day service, the completed Request for Transfer (including any additional documents, if applicable) must be submitted by 12pm.
- We do not schedule the connection of services outside normal business hours.
What to Expect
- Once your account has been established, a Customer Service Representative will call you to collect your deposit, if applicable. You will then be emailed important billing information, including your new account number, to the email address you provided on your request. If no email address is provided, we will mail you the account information. Account numbers change when services are moved from one address to another.
- If water service is currently disconnected at the new location, someone must be present during your scheduled connection time for our technician to connect water. If our technician misses you during your scheduled connection time, additional fees may be charged for an additional trip. Additionally, we may not be able to return the same day.
- Within 3 business days after services at the original service, the address has been disconnected, a final bill will be generated, and the account balance will become due at your new location. Failure to pay the final charges on the terminated account may result in an interruption of services at the new location.
- If you have automatic payments that are set up through the city’s website (recurring credit card payments) you will need to add that information to your new account. Automatic credit card payment information does not transfer over to the new account.