Curbside Recycling Program
The City of Temple has provided each residential home with a green 96-gallon recycling cart. Keep them loose - all recyclables (except for plastic bags) may be combined in the cart, making it easier than ever to recycle. There is no additional fee to participate in Temple's recycling program.
Single Stream RecyclingThe residential curbside recycling program, also known as single-stream recycling, allows valuable resources to be diverted from the landfill.
You can now recycle the following into 1 cart without having to separate them:
- Aluminum and steel cans
- Boxes (cereal, cookies, crackers, etc. - without plastic liners)
- Junk mail
- Corrugated cardboard boxes
- Office paper
- Telephone directories
- Detergent boxes
- Plastic beverage containers (empty)
- Soda bottles
- Water bottles
- Milk jugs
- Plastic detergent bottles (rinsed and clean)
Cart TipsFor timely and effective service, please observe the following:
- Place all materials inside of the cart so the lid may fully close. Do not bag recyclables.
- Place the cart with wheels at the edge of the street/curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- Place the cart at least 6 feet away from all surrounding items at the curb (cars, mailbox, fire hydrant, etc.)
- Return cart to your storage area by 8 p.m. that same evening.
Pickup ScheduleFor information on service days at a specific location, please click here and enter the address in the upper left corner of the map. Brush & Bulk, Recycling & Garbage pick-up day information is available.
Unacceptable ItemsThe following items are not accepted in curbside recycling carts:
- Aluminum Foil, Pie Plates
- Animal Food Bags
- Animal Waste and/or Dead Animals
- Auto Glass
- Automotive Parts (brake drums, motor parts)
- Bows & Ribbon
- Cardboard Contaminated by Food/Grease
- Christmas Lights
- Clothing or Toys*
- Coat Hangers (wire)*
- Electrical Cords/Wire
- Garden Hoses
- Hazardous Waste Containers* - Aerosol cans, paint cans, motor oil
- Medical Waste - bandages, lancets, surgical gloves, syringes/needles
- Lawn Furniture
- Light Bulbs
- Packing Peanuts or Bags
- Pizza Boxes
- Plastic Bags* (shopping or animal food bags)
- Plastic Sheeting
- Plate Glass
- Yard Waste
- Other material not listed in the accepted items lists
*Items can be recycled in other ways, but not through the curbside recycling program. More details can be found on our Recycling Tips page.