Brush & Bulk Services
Garbage/Brush/Bulk Collections Guidelines
- Collections will occur twice a month. See map for your collection day.
- Place the pile within 3 feet of the curb no more than 7 days prior to your scheduled collection day. Your collection day is considered Day 7, and items must be at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on that day.
- Pile must be at least 6 feet from other objects (car, mailbox, utility meter, etc.) and not be placed under any low wires or limbs.
- Not accepted: Rocks, Refrigerators (due to the coolant) and appliances containing freon.
- Brush piles must be free of all other trash, bulk items, bags, or boxes as they are all handled separately. Trash and bulk items must be placed in a separate pile. Mixed piles will be collected and a fee assessed.
- We will pick up 6 cubic yards of brush per collection. 6 cubic yards is equal to a full-size truck bed. Any amount over 6 cubic yards will be charged for. The charge will be added to your City of Temple Utility bill.
- Small amounts (a handful or 2 ) can be disposed of in your garbage container.
Private/Professional Tree Trimmer Registration
- Registration opens the doors to communications between the city, the tree trimmer, and the resident.
- Registration will provide information for drop off locations for trimmings and other information as needed.
- Registration will provide an educational tool to assist in eliminating any unnecessary charges to the homeowner.
Request for City Pick-up ServicesItems placed within 8 feet of the curb are a request for services and gives the City permission to pick up the items and charge according to City Ordinance and Ordinance 15 Garbage & Refuse.
Out of Cycle CollectionItems placed out at the curb on non-collection days will be considered "out of cycle" and will add a fee of $65 per 6 cubic yards added to your City of Temple Utility bill.
A special pickup may be requested for out of cycle collections by calling solid waste offices at 254-298-5725. Special pick-ups will be billed to the customer at the appropriate rate.