How Can I Help?
- Use fertilizers sparingly and sweep up driveways, sidewalks, and gutters
- Never dump anything down storm drains
- Vegetate bare spots in your yard
- Compost your yard waste
- Use less toxic pesticides and follow labels
- Take your car to the car wash instead of washing it in the driveway
- Check your car for leaks
- Have your septic tank system inspected and pumped regularly
- Pick up your pet waste and dispose of it in the trash
- Recycle your motor oil
- Volunteer for Clean-Up Events
FACT SHEET: POLLUTION PREVENTION
Resolutions for Cleaner Water:
- Clean up after your pet: Waste from one large dog in one day contains approximately 7.8 billion fecal coliform bacteria.
- Generate Less: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
- Use less: Products with Chemicals
- Don’t Litter: Properly throw away in a trash bin so the trash doesn’t pollute the water.
- Volunteer - Team Up To Clean Up