Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions

more stories
Question What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
 If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If it's a non-emergency, call 254-298-5500.

Question If this happened in another city, can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
Answer No, if a crime took place outside of the City of Temple Police please call the law enforcement agency for that jurisdiction.

Question What is considered a "witness" to an offense?
 A witness to an offense is someone who has actual knowledge of the offense and can provide information about suspects, property, vehicles, or other details that can help solve the crime or recover stolen property.

Question What is a known suspect?
 A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person, or where to find the person, who committed the crime.

Question What if my report is inactive and I find out more information about my offense?
 A supplement to your report should be made and that supplement can be made online or by calling the police department and having an officer supplement your report.