- Check Permit Status
- Permit Fee Listing (PDF)
- Permit Application
- City of Temple's MyGovernmentOnline FAQ (PDF)
- Residential Permit Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Commercial Permit Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- New Commercial Construction Packet
Work Requiring Permits
Permits are required when any owner or authorized agent who intends to:
- Change any electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by this code
- Change the occupancy of a building or structure
The owner or authorized agent shall first make an application to the Permit Department and obtain the required permit. Permit fees are non-refundable.
Contact the Permit Office for questions or clarification at 254-298-5640 and Press 0, or via email
Apply for a Permit Online
To apply for a permit online, please visit MyGovernmentOnline.
After a permit is paid, the City of Temple has 10 (10) business days to review and make comments before a permit can be issued. No work is to be started before the permit application has been approved and you have received a copy of the approved permit. Office personnel will contact you when the permit application has been approved.