CLERK'S OFFICE:Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
COURTROOM:Monday - Thursday 8:30 am until the last case completed
Note: Appearance before the court is on a first come first served basis, early arrival is encouraged.
CLOSED DURING CITY HOLIDAYS
The City of Temple Municipal Court will be closed in observance of the holidays listed below.
If you have a scheduled appearance date on one of these dates, the court will automatically postpone your appearance until the next business day.
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Columbus day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Alternatives to Coming to Court
ALTERNATIVES TO COMING TO COURT
Many live court proceedings may now be held online via Zoom through computer, tablet, smartphone, or in some cases, a regular telephone line. It is also possible to handle your legal issue with this court through a letter, fax, or email.
Use this form to convey information about your case: Appearance Form (PDF)
Use this form for payment plan requests or when asking for other assistance: Financial Affidavit (PDF)
To schedule a case for an online hearing, please email the court.
PHONE: 254-298-5687 *EMAIL: email@example.com
*FAX: 254-773-4301 *LETTER: 401 N. 3rd St., Temple, TX 76501
*You must call to confirm when you send a letter, email, or fax. Also, please note that all court dates are deadlines and are required. If you miss court, you may lose options.
Court Security & Dress Code
- No weapons of any type are allowed in the courtroom, even if you have a permit. This includes pocket/clip/multi-use knives/tools, pointed/sharp items, and any pepper spray or taser.
- Security Staff has the final say in what is deemed unacceptable.
- All persons, bags, purses, backpacks, etc. are subject to search. Refusing means denial of entry.
- Jokes about weapons or threats will be taken seriously.
- Any act or comment deemed a threat will result in removal from court and charges may be filed.
- Only approach the Judge's bench when directed to do so.
- Stand at the podium and do not lean on the Judge's bench.
- Please remain quiet in the courtroom until you are called upon to speak.
- No fashion hats, shirts with text/images that are offensive, racist, or cause distraction, baggy pants, dresses/skirts/shorts that extend beyond the wearer's fingertips while standing.
If you have an active warrant with the Temple Municipal Court, please contact the court office at 254-298-5687 to find out what options are available to you.
ONLINE PAYMENT SYSTEM
To clear your warrant immediately you can pay your fine in full online using the City of Temple Municipal Court website. Before proceeding with online payment, please carefully read the notice on the payment system website.
To access this system, go to the Pay Your Ticket.