COVID-19 COMMUNITY UPDATE
In response to rising COVID-19 cases among city staff as well as within Bell County, the City of Temple made the decision to close certain city facilities to walk-in customers beginning Friday, Nov. 20, to reduce transmission among staff, protect public health and flatten the epidemic curve.
The City Secretary's Office will be open Monday - Friday from 8-5 to process online applications only and will be unavailable for all walk-in services beginning Friday, Nov. 20 through Monday, Jan. 18. To schedule an appointment to pick up a birth or death certificate, please call 254-298-5700 to request a time.
About OUR Office
- Serves as a support office to the City Council and other City departments
- Provides information to the public and City departments through electronic media, switchboard and legal notices
- Serves as a custodian of all official City records and registrar of birth and death records
- Issues certified copies of City records and occupation-related permits
- Conducts all municipal elections