Overview & ResponsibilitiesThe Finance Department is responsible for
- developing and implementing the financial policies of the City
- maintaining the accounting records of all City funds
- monitoring budgetary compliance throughout the fiscal year, which begins October 1 and ends September 30.
- Compiling timely financial reports in a format that effectively and efficiently communicates financial data to the City Council, citizens, bondholders, and other interested users. These reports include the Budget, the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report , and Quarterly Financial Report. The 2023 Proposed Budget is now available online.
Financial services are provided to all City departments through
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Fixed assets
- Inventory accounting
- Internal audits
- Grant and contract administration
- Treasury management