Overview & ResponsibilitiesThe Finance Department is responsible for
- developing and implementing the financial policies of the City
- maintaining the accounting records of all City funds
- monitoring budgetary compliance throughout the fiscal year, which begins October 1 and ends September 30.
- Compiling timely financial reports in a format that effectively and efficiently communicates financial data to the City Council, citizens, bondholders, and other interested users. These reports include the Budget (PDF), the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (PDF), and Quarterly Financial Report (PDF).
Financial services are provided to all City departments through
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Fixed assets
- Inventory accounting
- Internal audits
- Grant and contract administration
- Treasury management
The Director of Finance directly supervises the Purchasing Department, Municipal Court and the Utility Business Office as part of the financial responsibilities of the City.