Overview & ResponsibilitiesThe City's fiscal year begins October 1 and ends September 30. The Finance Department is responsible for
- developing and implementing the financial policies of the City
- maintaining the accounting records of all City funds
- monitoring budgetary compliance throughout the fiscal year
- Compiling timely financial reports in a format that effectively and efficiently communicates financial data to the City Council, citizens, bondholders, and other interested users. These reports include the Budget, the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), and Quarterly Financial Report.
Financial services are provided to all City departments through
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Fixed assets
- Inventory accounting
- Internal audits
- Grant and contract administration
- Treasury management
Budget Presentation Award
The City of Temple has received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association every year since 1995. The award is given to local governments that have succeeded in preparing a high-quality budget document.
Certificate of Achievement
The City of Temple has received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association every year since 1981. The award is given to local governments that go beyond minimum requirements of accepted accounting principles to prepare comprehensive annual financial reports that evidence the spirit of transparency and full disclosure.