Youth Advisory Commission (YAC)
The goal of the Youth Advisory Commission is to convene and empower a group of young leaders who are committed to learning about local government and making impactful change in their community. The Commission will address and advocate for the Temple community from a youth-centered perspective while gaining the knowledge and tools necessary to become effective and dedicated leaders. YAC Commissioners and members will learn to make a difference in our community and the lives of other youth, recognizing their voice, using it, and representing other youth in the City.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Live in the Temple City limits
- Be enrolled in 9th-12th grade (whether in public, private, or home school associations)
- Complete the application form
Commissioners are expected to: Be willing to commit to advocating for youth and opportunities for youth in our city
Fulfill a minimum 1-year term commitment (August 1, 2022 - July 31, 2023) (Applications will be accepted throughout August due to school starting)
- Attend required Commission meetings and a mandatory 1-day event with the Texas Municipal League Annual YAC Summit.
- Actively participate in monthly YAC activities, events, and programs
- Communicate with other Commission members and city liaisons appropriately and in a timely manner
Please complete the form below to be considered for a Commissioner position on the Youth Advisory Commission (YAC). The purpose of this form is to provide information to the Mayor and City Council regarding those persons who desire to volunteer their time and services to the City of Temple by serving on the YAC. All personal contact information provided on this application will remain confidential. If you or your guardian have any questions while completing the application, please contact the Wilson Park Recreation Center at 254.298.5740.