Youth Advisory Commission (YAC)
The goal of the Youth Advisory Commission is to convene and empower a group of young leaders who are committed to learning about local government and making impactful change in their community. The Commission will address and advocate for the Temple community from a youth-centered perspective while gaining the knowledge and tools necessary to become effective and dedicated leaders. YAC Commissioners and members will learn to make a difference in our community and the lives of other youth, recognizing their voice, using it, and representing other youth in the City.
Please complete the form below to be considered for a Commissioner position on the Youth Advisory Commission (YAC). The purpose of this form is to provide information to the Mayor and City Council regarding those persons who desire to volunteer their time and services to the City of Temple by serving on the YAC. All personal contact information provided on this application will remain confidential. If you or your guardian have any questions while completing the application, please contact Miranda Lugo at 254-800-5381. Once your application is complete, please email it to Miranda Lugo at email@example.com
Applying for the CommissionTo be eligible to apply, you must:
- Live in the Temple City limits
- Be enrolled in 9th-12th grade (whether in public, private, or home school associations)
- Complete the application form no later than September 30th , 2021
Commissioners are expected to:
- Be willing to commit 5 hours a month to Commission meetings and events
- Fulfill a minimum 1-year term commitment (school year from September-June)
- Attend required Commission meetings. There will be a total of 10 required Commission meetings each term, and a mandatory 1-day event with the Texas Municipal League Annual YAC Summit.
- Actively participate in monthly YAC activities, events, and programs
- Communicate with other Commission members and city liaisons appropriately and in a timely manner