Mandatory Water Restrictions
TEMPLE, TX (August 1, 2023) – The City of Temple announces the implementation of Moderate Water Shortage mandatory restrictions. This comes as the Brazos River Authority announces levels at Lake Belton dropped below the Stage 2 – Drought Warning trigger of 578.7 ft-msl on July 31, 2023. The goal of Stage 2 – Drought Warning is a 10% reduction in water use. These measures are necessary to ensure the responsible and sustainable use of our water resources during this period of water scarcity.
Effective immediately, the following restrictions and guidelines will be in place until further notice:
- Limited Irrigation of Landscaped Areas
- Limited Irrigation of Public Landscaped Areas by the City
- Limited Fill Days for Swimming Pools and Jacuzzi-Type Pools
- Limited Use of Ornamental Fountains and Ponds
- Limited Golf Course Irrigation
- Limited Water Service in Restaurants
- Limited Non-Essential Water Uses
The City of Temple appreciates the cooperation of all residents, businesses, and community members in adhering to these water conservation measures. By implementing these restrictions, we can collectively reduce water consumption and preserve our water resources for essential needs.
For more information please visit templetx.gov/waterconservation or contact the Public Works Department at (254) 298 – 5611.