Celebrate spooky season with Haunted Hayride on Saturday, October 24. Climb aboard and enjoy a narrated tour with scary scenes and creepy characters at Rueben D. Talasek Bend of the River Grounds. Family Friendly Rides will be available from 3:00-5:00 pm and Haunted Hayrides will be begin at 6:00 pm. All Ages are welcome. Tickets must be purchased in advance at templeparks.com starting October 1. Tickets will not be offered at the gate.
Haunted Hayride Seeks BOO-lunteers!
If you love Halloween and would like to participate BOO-lunteers are needed to dress up as fun and spooky characters and create live action in scenes along the Hayride Route. Organizations, families and individuals are all welcome to participate. A willingness to dress up and have fun is one of the only requirements! Costumes and makeup for this event are provided.
Dates and Times
Saturday, October 24 5:00-10:00 pm
Location: Bend of the River, 7915 S. General Bruce Drive, Temple
Decide you want to help! Apply by filling out the online Volunteer Interest form. Click here!
- Be at least 13 years of age or older
- Volunteers 13-15 years of age must get their waiver signed by a parent/guardian and notarized.
- Volunteers 13-15 and under MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT, therefore a waiver is required for the adult as well!
- All volunteers are required to sign a waiver.
- Submit a current online application form by Friday, October 16
- Agree to a Criminal History Background Check. Please print all requested information to have the City of Temple perform a background check.
- Volunteer at least (4) hours
The Health and safety of residents is the top priority and safety guidelines will be in place.
- On the online registration form, the fields which have a star (*) beside them are required and must be completed.
- Please note as part of this process, we will send you a background clearance via email; this request will require your action within three business days. The $25.00 fee noted in the background documentation will be waived and you will NOT be required to pay that fee. If you are still unable to locate it or do not have an e-mail address, please call 254-298-5563 to confirm your registration.